The ability to transport your imagination into lush aural soundscapes is a seduction which seemingly comes as second nature to The Capsules. The trio of Julie Shields, Jason Shields, and Kevin Trevino together cast compelling waves of sonic invention; crystalline adventures of electronic dreampop, built upon pulsating textures, evocative melodies, and sublime vocals...
Read More about The Capsules
“A poignant and emotional production revealing all the maturity and the genius of this formation. This is a must have for all fans of dreamy pop music."
-Side Line Music Magazine
“The Long Goodbye is easily one of the special treats of the year so far. 9.5/10.”
-The RingMaster Review
“Sugar sweet sounds, with synth escapades and this voice that melts hearts. 96/100.”
“The Long Goodbye - one of the year’s most welcome surprises. 9/10."
“There is plenty of magic on The Long Goodbye and The Capsules are masters within their bailiwick of heartfelt, amber-hued dream pop as they deliver one of their best albums. 4/5.”
“If you only listen to one song today, make it “You Are a Metaphor” by The Capsules, from the album The Long Goodbye. It’s what I imagine floating through the nighttime sky would be like. Maybe in a blimp. Just a little bit removed from the world."
-Dream Wave Radio
"The Capsules are one of those bands that, upon discovery, made my heart flutter for music all over again."
-Janey Criss, The Silver Tongue, January 15, 2013
"The superb album "Northern Lights And Southern Skies" which brightened up yesterday's working day to no end."
-Burning World, January 26, 2013
"Northern Lights & Southern Skies is the latest effort from synth-rock band, The Capsules. This is a great album to wake up to, like a musical sunrise. There is a certain aura surrounding this band. It is ethereal, haunting, and comforting all at once, sucking you in and never letting go."
-Matt LaBannister, Hydro Life, April 2013
"We all need a little more whimsy in our lives. Luckily, The Capsules can provide a little of that and much more. The trio released its wonderful new album, Northern Lights and Southern Skies, last month."
-John, The Majestic Show, February 19, 2013
“The Capsules’ latest effort, Northern Lights & Southern Skies, an effort that I suspect will blow up on the blogosphere - it’s a slick bit of sugary and danceable pop reminiscent of Shiny Toy Guns and Garbage. Check out their newest single, “Time Will Only Tell.”
-Joy of Violent Movement
“Our Apocalypse” melds distorted beats, swirls of charging synths, and Shields’ eerie vocals into something grandiose but also oddly intimate. The distortion rises into the rafters while her voice beckons the listener ever nearer. She has worlds to describe and not much time to do so. So I’d listen close if I were you.“
-Joshua Pickard, Beats Per Minute, November 19, 2012
"It’s the kind of moment that has the ability to pick your day up at the drop of a hat, and it’s moments like that transition that we as music appreciators look for. Luckily for us, Northern Light & Southern Skies provides no shortage of them over the course of it’s ten songs, making it all the more a requirement for future listening queues."
-Striker Bill, November 13, 2012
“The Capsules’ Northern Lights and Southern Skies is a well thought out, finished album. It uses quirky electronic sound and poetic lyrics to create a playlist perfect for staying up all night and contemplating life.”
-The Fire Note, January 11, 2013
“We’ll suffice it to say that one listen of these guys and you’ll be hooked."
-Brendon, Music Under Fire, January 16, 2013
“Indie pop with a distinctive electronic presence and ‘girl-next-door’ comfort in the lyrical delivery; perfect for a dreary winter afternoon.”
-The Dadada, January 16, 2013
Read More reviews of The Capsules
· Friday, November 6, 2015 - Dallas, TX at The Prophet Bar with West Without
· March 12, 2014 - Austin, TX at Shangri-La for the Midcoast Takeover during SXSW!
· Friday, August 1, 2014 - Dallas, TX at Club Dada
· Saturday, August 30, 2014 - Kansas City, MO at the Record Bar
· January 18, 2013 - Dallas, TX at the House of Blues
· March 7, 2013 - Dallas, TX at The Common Table
· March 13, 2013 - Austin, TX at Shangri-La for the Midcoast Takeover's Showcase at SXSW!
· April 6, 2013 - Kansas City, MO at the Record Bar for the Middle of the Map Fest!
· April 12, 2013 - Quinlan, TX at the Grow the Arts Music Festival
· April 21, 2013 - St. Louis, MO at Union Station
· June 22, 2013 - Kansas City, MO at the Record Bar
· June 23, 2013 - Tulsa, OK at the SoundPony with The Bourgeois and Home By Hovercraft
· July 25, 2013 - Lawrence, KS at the Jackpot with Monster and Dark Seas
· July 26, 2013 - Kansas City, MO at the Record Bar with Hidden Pictures, Twinsmith and The Lonelyhearts
· July 27, 2013 - Joplin, MO at Blackthorn Pub with Sidewalks
· September 14, 2013 - Dallas, TX at the Palladium Ballroom for Gearbox Software's Community Day!
· Oct 5, 2013 - Dallas, TX at The Crown and Harp with Erik Chandler and Ashley Myrick